Seashell Pink seems to be a close match for the lightest color, so I used that color pencil to fill on all of the branches that I had originally drawn in lightly with a dark brown pencil, and also added a few tiny branches here and there. I used my reference photo as a guide, and did not solely rely on what I had previously sketched in.
There are leaves blocking our view of parts of several of the branches, so in coloring the branches I have skipped over those areas where the leaves will overlap. That causes, in this view, some of the branches to look strange, appearing to have gaps and holes in them. Later, filling in the leaves will take care of that.
In this step the yellow tinted color, Goldenrod, was added to most of the branches. This color will match the leaves when they are added, and while not all of the branches need to be yellow, increasing the amount of color on each layer will help to darken those areas of the branches which need to be the darkest.
The branches are beginning to take shape now, and as various shades of color continue to be added in future steps, they will increasingly come alive.